Congratulations to Teaching & Learning Associate Professor Dr. Jeff Shih for being named Associate Vice President & 2018-19 Chair of the Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators (AMTE).
As the largest professional organization devoted to the improvement of mathematics teacher education, AMTE includes over 1,000 members devoted to the preservice education and professional development of K-12 teachers of mathematics.
The organization’s goals are:
- Effective mathematics teacher education programs and practices;
- Communication and collaboration among those involved in mathematics teacher education;
- Research and other scholarly endeavors related to mathematics teacher education;
- Professional growth of mathematics teacher educators;
- Effective policies and practices related to mathematics teacher education at all levels; and
- Equitable practices in mathematics teacher education, including increasing the diversity of mathematics teachers and teacher educators.